Sunday, September 2, 2007

Outreach

The Outreach retreat proved to be much fun and I formed many new friendships.


We climbed the hill (although many souls claimed it was a mountain, but those of us from rocky regions knew better) behind the camp where we were staying and, once there, sat at the top and sang worship songs for about 15 minutes. Sadly, I only knew about half the songs, but I suppose I shall learn them in the months to come.


One really fun activity was our rambunctious game of Capture the Flag in the dark and complete with colored war paint to show our team spirit. I was on the Red Team.


My silly friends Jerica, Joniessa, Erin, and Lauren found some toads in the dark and had much fun naming and playing with them.


There was also a slip and slide time Saturday morning, which produced many bruised knees but was exciting and fun nonetheless.

The only possible con of this trip was that I was bitten mercilessly by mosquitoes.

My freshman link (an upperclassman who helps a group of us freshman with whatever needs we might have) just showed up at my door and gave me a cupcake. Yay! ^_^

(Note: I know the pictures are wierd right now. I'll try to fix them tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to sleep)

No comments: