Monday, October 8, 2007

Multiple fire alarms

Four times this week, my dorm's fire alarms have gone off. Why? The details are still a little sketchy, but I don't think it's because they're malfunctioning. I heard my RA saying that the alarms are really sensitive and even a huge amount of hairspray will activate them. This last alarm was at 12:45am last night, which made it more irritating than all the other ones this week because I was actually asleep.

It was a little amusing to look at the Facebook statuses (stati?) of all my friends and see their combined hatred of the fire alarms at 12:54am.
Samples:
"___________ is sooo mad at the fire alarms right now!
___________ is going to throw something at the fire alarm!!!
___________ is I HATE STUPID FREAKING FIRE ALARMS.
___________ is hating fire alarms like none other. Four in one week? SERIOUSLY?!?!
___________ is hating the darn fire alarms!!!!!"

Just as amusing was the sight of 20 or so girls sprawled on the grass with their laptops in the middle of the night. We all know that we'll be outside for about 20 to 30 minutes and so we grab something that will keep us occupied.

At least it wasn't raining outside.

No comments: